Friday, November 10, 2017

REVIEW | Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette


The Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. This palette kept the word on the street going because Jaclyn herself said she has worked on it for 2 years to perfect it. It supposedly has a new formula that was created by Jaclyn to create a 'perfect palette'. So, as I love my 35O a lot already, I definitely was excited to get my hands on it! But what do I think about it?




Let's start with the packaging. I wanna start off by saying that with the new ULTA relaunch in the US the packaging is gonna change to the 'new' but more signature Morphe plastic palettes. Which I feel they should have given this palette that packaging from the start.

The light grey with silver 'Jaclyn Hill' signature does look completly different than the regular palettes Morphe carries. I do like the look of it, and I definitely think Morphe tried to give it a different look from what they're used to.

Don't get me wrong, but the cardboard packaging of this one doesn't give me the 'exclusive' feel this palette is supposed to have, especially since you're already paying quite a bit more for this one instead of a regular Morphe palette. It's still pretty and sleek looking but for travel and work purposes I would have liked a different packaging due to it getting dirty and getting damaged.




The colours in daylight

Let's get to the colours. I really do think Jaclyn gave the palette it's own look. You've got your
neutrals, warms, shimmers, smokey shades and your pop of colour. However, personally I would've liked some cooler toned mattes, especially to pair wth the more pink and rose gold shades in the top right corner.
The colours are very well pigmented and do blend super nicely. The shimmers apply great and I do like to use them damp for more intensity or I tap them on with my finger for maximum opacity. They're all nice and buildable and overall I have some slight fallout, which is nothing I haven't seen before. The darker matte shades do need a little more building, which I personally like because you have less of a chance to 'over apply' a dark colour and struggle with blending it out afterwards.


Here's swatches of some of the matte shades. There are a few mattes that are slightly drier than others, but nothing that a good brush and some building can't solve. Once again, they blend out great and are quite smooth to work with. As I said, the fallout is minimal so nothing too dramatic.



And here's some of the shimmers! I absolutely LOVE these! They're buttery, creamy and super pigmented! There are a few shades like the 2nd one and the teal one that do have this nice golden duochrome sheen through them which looks so, so gorgeous! Nothing to complain about with these ones!








I also took this photo in brighter sunlight so it would really show the pretty shimmer some of the colours have. There are definitely some more unique shades in here that I do not yet have in other palettes which makes me super excited to play around with this!


Here's two looks I did with the palette. For the first look I decided to go a little more neutral and daytime. Once again, the mattes applied and blended great. The shimmers worked super nice aswell, but as usual, I did apply them wet for some more intensity.


The second look I did was a bit more out of my comfort zone but still super beautiful in my opinion. The teal shades are not something I would use normally, but they looked so bright and vibrant that I had to try them. The brighter shades applied super nice aswell, and stayed vibrant even after some slight blending on my lower lashline. I have used the teal shades dry, and only had slight fallout, which doesn't bother me and is quite normal in my opinion.


Overall, I do think this palette is a great addition to my collection. It is diverse, had good quality shadows and is easy to use. I don't think I'd take it with me for travelling often because I am too scared for the shadows to break. I definitely do reach for this palette quite a lot because it does have some unique shades that I didn't have yet, and I love to play around with.

The Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette varies in price depending on where you order.
It is currently available through Beautybay and retails for €45,30
It's also available through Morphe's official website for $38
Please do note shipping and handling costs will vary depending from which website and which country you order.

Until next time!

xo Lindy

1 comment:

  1. Ik had effe compleet gemist dat je blog al live is! Ben je meteen gaan volgen. :-)
    Dit is zooo'n mooi palette! Ik vraag me alleen af waar ik het zou bewaren, haha. Je tweede look vind ik de mooiste, erg bijzonder.

    ReplyDelete